Dental Implants The Ultimate Solution For Missing and Loose Teeth
If you are unhappy with your existing dentures or have missing teeth, then you may wish to consider Dental Implants. Friars Walk Dental Practice offers an Implant service to help improve your teeth’s shape, by making them look both physically and cosmetically more appealing.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a form of cosmetic dentistry used to replace missing teeth for a natural look and feel. They are surgically placed below the gums over a series of appointments. The procedure involves attaching the implants to the jawbone and gum tissue to become a stable base for one or more custom artificial replacement teeth, called dental crowns. In order to have dental implants, you will need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support a secure implant.
- They look and feel like healthy, natural teeth.
- Implants are built to last and are a great long term solution.
- They help to restore your natural face shape and smile.
- It will help improve your ability to eat and speak properly again.
What Will Your Dentist Do During an Implant?
- A dental implant is usually carried out in stage parts, consisting mainly of two parts, the ‘screw or post’ acting as the root of the tooth, and the crown.
- The first part will be surgically placing your implant to the surrounding bone.
- The crown is then attached to the post.
- Once fitted, these components provide the foundation for long-term support of crowns, bridges or dentures.
Follow On Care
After a dental implant procedure, you will be advised to only have cold drinks and to try not to eat until after the anaesthetic has worn off. Hot drinks and food should be avoided for the first day after the implant surgery.
For further information, ask the dentist about Dental Implants or speak to the receptionist by calling us on